Welcome to the Recording Inclusivity Initiative (RII) database!
RII was created by All Classical Radio, a premier non-profit public radio station based in Portland, OR. RII seeks to address the gap of classical music composers and musicians from underrepresented communities that make it onto the radio airwaves.
If the recordings do not exist, they cannot be played on the radio. With this in mind, All Classical Radio decided to make their own recordings, and to challenge classical radio stations across the United States to do the same. By releasing a full-length album, providing a free how-to kit, and sharing this database with public radio stations across the US, we can change America’s classical music playlist, together.
Have questions? Contact email@example.com. We’re here to help.
Terms and Condtions
[Last updated: June 2, 2023]
This License Agreement (“License”) is between the Public Broadcasting Entity whose authorized user clicks or presses on “I agree” in connection with accessing or using RII Database Content (each an “RII Database User”) and All Classical Public Media, Inc. (“ACPM”).
- RII Database Content. As used herein, RII Database Content shall mean: (i) composer and lyricist information, including the composer’s name, lyricist’s name, and any accompanying biographical material (“Composer Information”); (ii) musical work information, including accompanying descriptions of the musical work (“Musical Work Information”); (iii); artist information, including the artist’s name and any accompanying biographical material (“Artist Information”); (iv) sound recording information, including any accompanying sound recording information and metadata (“Sound Recording Information”); (v) suggested daypart information (“Daypart Information”); (vi) sound recording digital phonorecord files (each an “RII Recording”); and (vii) the musical work as embodied in the RII Recording (“each an “RII Composition”). Composer Information, Musical Work Information, Artist Information, Sound Recording Information, and Daypart Information are collectively referred to herein as “RII Database Information.”
- Public Broadcasting Entity. As used herein, a Public Broadcasting Entity shall mean a “public broadcasting entity” as defined in 17 U.S.C. section 118(f) and/or 47 U.S.C. section 397(11), including, without limitation, a licensed station that receives, or is eligible to receive, general operational support from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (“CPB”) and is otherwise subject to those certain agreements currently in effect and executed by and between CPB and ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, The Harry Fox Agency, LLC, and SoundExchange, Inc. (collectively, the “CPB License Agreements”).
- Promotional Purposes. As used herein, Promotional Purposes shall mean use of RII Database Content or any portion thereof solely in connection with: (i) a Public Broadcasting Entity’s participation in the Recording Inclusivity Initiative as evidenced by registration as a User of the Site; (ii) compliance with the terms of the CPB License Agreements; and (iii) reproduction and use of RII Recordings in furtherance of the preceding purposes and as non-royalty bearing “promotional gratis copies,” as such term is commonly understood in the recording industry.
- Negation of Rights Not Licensed. Any rights that are not expressly granted by this License shall not be implied; the license granted pursuant to this License authorizes or permits only the use of the RII Database Content that is expressly provided herein.
- Duration of License. This License shall commence on the date when an RII Database User accepts the terms hereof by clicking on “I agree” and shall terminate on the earlier of: (i) the discontinuance and removal of the Site; and (ii) the expiration of copyright in the RII Database Content.
- RII Database User Warranties.
- Authority. RII Database User represents and warrants that it is in good standing with all applicable regulations and licenses as may be required of a Public Broadcasting Entity in connection with the production, distribution, or dissemination of educational and cultural radio programs.
- Ownership. RII Database User represents and warrants that: (i) it is the owner of the entirety of the rights in any RII Database Content that it contributes to the Site; or (ii) it has the full authorization and authority to enter into this License and grant the licenses herein.
- No Grant of Other Rights. No other rights, permission or consent is necessary for the RII Database User to use the RII Database Content in accordance with the license granted herein nor are any fees, royalties, or, a use payment of any kind due to third parties in connection with the exercise of the licenses granted herein.
- Indemnification. RII Database User shall indemnify and hold ACPM or its directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any claim, loss, liability, damage or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of any claim, lawsuit or demand which is inconsistent with any of the warranties hereunder.
- Assignment. The license granted to RII Database User is personal and shall not be sublicensed, assigned, or otherwise transferred without the prior written consent of ACPM.
- Governing Law. This License shall be governed pursuant to the laws of the state of Oregon. Any dispute arising out of or relating to this License will be submitted to a court of competent jurisdiction in Portland, Oregon, and you hereby consent to the jurisdiction of any such court.